Jumia is one of the largest e-commerce platforms in Africa, providing a wide range of products and services to customers across the continent.
With the increasing demand for online shopping, Jumia has expanded its operations to include pick-up stations, which allow customers to collect their orders in person, at a location convenient to them.
If you’re considering opening a Jumia pick-up station in Kenya, there are several key factors to consider.
In this article, we’ll explore the steps involved in setting up a Jumia pick-up station in Kenya, including the requirements.
Jumia Kenya is an online marketplace that offers wide range of products and services to customers in Kenya.
The company was founded in 2012 and has since grown to become one of the largest e-commerce platforms in Kenya.
It offers products and services in various categories, including electronics, fashion, beauty, home appliances, and groceries.
Customers can browse through the Jumia Kenya website or mobile app to find products they are interested in purchasing.
The platform offers various payment options, including mobile money, credit/debit cards, and cash on delivery. Jumia also offers delivery services to customers across Kenya.
In addition to selling products, Jumia also provides various services, such as food delivery, hotel bookings, and flight bookings.
The platform also offers a range of promotions and discounts to its customers, making it a popular choice for online shopping in Kenya.
Jumia pick-up station requirements
To open a Jumia pick-up station, there are several requirements that you must meet. These include;
- Copy of ID/ Passport.
- Business permit or trading licence.
- Storage space, with the ability to handle a maximum of 50 packages at any point in time as a pick-up point.
- Consent to brand location and staff.
- Dedicated person to handle the pick-up station.
- Bank guarantee.
- GIT insurance (applicable for door delivery).
- Premise insurance.
- Certificate of tax compliance.
How to open a Jumia pick-up station
To open a Jumia pick-up station, follow the steps below;
- Go to the Jumia website.
- Click on register.
- Select either service provider registration form or logistics service provider section.
- Fill in the registration form
- After filling the form, tick on agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click register and wait for your account to be approved.
- Once your account has been approved, proceed to log in.
- Click on sell a service.
- Click on apply to be a vendor and submit your request.
- Once you have submitted your request, your application will be reviewed on an individual basis. A Jumia representative in your area will reach out to you within 14 days and direct you to the next steps.