Courtney Clenney is a 26-year-old OnlyFans model and Instagram influencer with over 2 million followers.
She was charged with second-degree murder in connection with her boyfriend Christian Obumseli’s fatal stabbing in their Miami high-rise apartment in April 2022.
Clenney claimed that she stabbed and killed Obumseli in self-defense, but friends and prosecutors claim that she was the one who was abusive.
Obumseli secretly recorded their arguments, including one in which she used a racial slur.
Clenney can be heard verbally and physically abusing her boyfriend in audio and video recordings recently released by the Miami-Dade state attorney’s office.
Clenney was denied bond in Miami court and pleaded not guilty to the second-degree murder charge.
She had previously begged Miami police for a restraining order against Obumseli weeks after she attacked him in an elevator.
Text messages released by the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office revealed that Clenney had previously stabbed Obumseli before.
Who was Christian Obumseli?
Nothing much is known about Obumseli.
He was a man who was stabbed and killed by Clenney, on April 3, 2022, in Miami.
Clenney claimed that she killed Obumseli in self-defense, but friends of the couple claimed that Clenney was the abusive one in the relationship.
Obumseli had secretly recorded Clenney’s outbursts and racial slurs before he was killed.
Clenney had also begged Miami police for a restraining order against Obumseli weeks after she attacked him in an elevator.
Courtney Clenney trial
As mentioned above, Clenney was charged with second-degree murder for fatally stabbing Obumseli in April 2022.
She was arrested in Hawaii last summer and later extradited to Florida, where she has been in custody at Miami-Dade County jail.
Clenney has denied any wrongdoing and her lawyers have claimed that she acted in self-defense.
The case has been the subject of ongoing legal battles, including a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Obumseli’s family and a hearing on Clenney’s pre-trial release.
Here are some key details about the case;
- Clenney fatally stabbed Obumseli in their luxury Miami apartment on April 3, 2022.
- Clenney was charged with second-degree murder in August 2022 and has been in custody since then.
- Clenney’s lawyers have claimed that she acted in self-defense and have cited new evidence to support their case.
- The relationship between Clenney and Obumseli was described as toxic and tumultuous by both sides.
- Clenney’s lawyers have described the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Obumseli’s family as a “money grab.”
- Clenney has been offered a special birthday meal behind bars as she awaits trial on her 27th birthday.
- Clenney’s trial is expected to take place in 2023, but a date has not yet been set.