Nermin Sulejmanovic was a 35-year-old Bosnian bodybuilder who gained notoriety for his violent actions on August 11, 2023.
The bodybuilder live-streamed the brutal murder of his ex-wife on Instagram on August 11, 2023.
After killing his ex-wife, Sulejmanovic went on a shooting spree and killed two more people, a father and son, before taking his own life.
He had also hurt a policeman, another man, and a woman in different places in the northeastern Bosnian town.
The incident took place in the town of Gradacac in northeastern Bosnia.
According to The States Man, Sulejmanovic had a record of involvement in criminal activities, including violence and drug trafficking.
Reports suggest that his history does suggest warning signs.
He was reportedly involved in gang activity and had previously been convicted for acts of violence and drug trafficking.
Sportskeeda reported that Sulejmanovic was part of a gang and had been found guilty of acts of violence, getting into fights, and taking part in selling drugs multiple times.
However, the motives behind his violent actions remain unclear. It is not clear if he had any diagnosed mental health issues.
Bosnian bodybuilder Nermin Sulejmanovic kills 3 people injuring 3 others in rampage that he Live Streamed on Instagram pic.twitter.com/2sQiheZZ3o
— Daily Loud (@DailyLoud) August 12, 2023
Nermin Sulejmanovic Instagram video
According to the police, Sulejmanovic killed three people and injured three others in the incident before he took his own life.
He reportedly killed himself after a brief standoff with police.
Prosecutors also said that he killed his ex-wife and then used a gun to shoot and kill a man and his son on a street in a nearby town called Gradacac.
Sulejmanovic also hurt a policeman, another man, and a woman in different places in the northeastern Bosnian town.
In the video he shared on Instagram, he said that he warned that this day would come soon as his ex-wife had been hiding her child for eight days.
Fortunately, Instagram was quick enough to take the video down.
Police said that as they were looking for him, he made another video on Instagram where he said he had shot at least two more people while trying to escape.
The two people have been identified as a father and son duo, Džengiz Onder and Džengiz Denis.