On Sunday June 4, 2023, multiple news outlets including Wion, reported that Sweden has become the first country in the world to officially register sex as a sport.
It further reported that the country would host the first-ever European Sex Championship in Gothenburg on June 8, 2023.
According to Wion, the championship which will take place under the guidance of the Swedish Sex Federation will go on for six weeks.
Participants will engage in sexual activities under 16 disciplines including seduction, oral sex, penetration and more.
At the European Sex Championship, Wion reported, participants will engage in sexual activities from 45 minutes to 1 hour each day with their matches and activities.
Moreover, the duration will vary depending on the match, however, some reports said that the competitions can go on for as long as six hours a day.
The championship is set to witness the participation of 20 people from different countries, as per initial registrations.
While the winners will be decided by a panel of three judges as well as audience ratings.
Wion adds that participants will also be judged across 16 disciplines that will include oral sex, seduction, penetration, endurance, number of org*sms and knowledge about sex.
Chemistry and communication between the couple, appearance will also be a determining factor.
Participants can score between five and 10 points.
Has Sweden declared sex as a sport?
The answer is no, Sweden has not declared sex as a professional sport.
The article claiming Sweden has made sex a professional sport is from a satirical website, and the information in it is not true.
Again, sex is not a sport, and there is no such thing as a sex competition in Sweden.
What if sex was made a sport?
If sex were made a sport, there would be a number of potential consequences.
Some of these consequences could be positive, while others could be negative.
- Sex could become more physically demanding and athletic. This could lead to people becoming healthier and fitter.
- Sex could become more competitive. This could lead to people becoming more motivated to improve their skills and performance.
- Sex could become more socially acceptable. This could lead to people feeling more comfortable talking about sex and expressing their sexuality.
- Sex could become more commercialized. This could lead to people feeling pressured to conform to unrealistic standards of beauty and performance.
- Sex could become more violent. This could lead to people becoming more aggressive and abusive in their sexual relationships.
- Sex could become more exploitative. This could lead to people being taken advantage of for their sexual performance.