Twitter Blue is a premium subscription service offered by Twitter that allows users to enjoy advanced features on the platform.
With this service, users can access features such as undo tweet, reader mode, and custom app icons, among others.
While the service is available in several countries, Kenyan users can also enjoy Twitter Blue by paying through their bank accounts or M-PESA.
In this article, we will show you how Kenyan users can pay for Twitter Blue via bank and M-PESA, making it easier for them to access advanced features on the platform.
What is Twitter Blue?
Twitter Blue is an opt-in, paid subscription that adds a blue checkmark to your account and offers early access to select features, like Edit Tweet.
In addition to the blue checkmark, its features offer subscribers a way to enhance and customize their Twitter experience.
New subscriptions to Twitter Blue are available globally on web, iOS, or Android.
Newly created Twitter accounts will not be able to subscribe to Twitter Blue for 30 days.
Twitter may also impose waiting periods for new accounts in the future at their discretion, and without notice.
Only Twitter accounts created more than 30 days ago can sign up for Twitter Blue. All Twitter Blue subscribers will be required to confirm their phone number as part of sign up.
Once subscribed to Twitter Blue, changes to your profile photo, display name, or username will result in the loss of the blue checkmark until the account is validated.
How do I pay for Twitter Blue in Kenya?
You can pay for Twitter Blue from the web, and it will cost $8 a month for a monthly plan or $7 a month for the annual plan.
By signing up through the iOS or Android app, you will be charged $11 per month instead, because of the app tax from Apple and Google.
To pay for Twitter Blue, follow the simple steps belo.
- Visit Twitter Help Center; https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-blue
- You will see a prompt for subscribing to Twitter Blue.
- If you’re interested in subscribing to Twitter Blue, you can do so here; https://twitter.com/i/twitter_blue_sign_up
- The link will redirect you to the Twitter App or Web where you will have to choose between the annual subscription and the monthly subscription.
- You will be asked to verify your phone number.
- After verifying your phone number, you will be redirected to the checkout where you will be required to enter your Email, Card Information, Name on Card and Country or Region.
- After keying in the above information, you will now subscribe to Twitter Blue. You can always cancel your subscription.
Twitter Blue accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Union Pay among other payment-processing corporations.
How to Pay for Twitter Blue using M-PESA
Kenyan users can use M-PESA GlobalPay to easily pay for a Twitter Blue subscription.
M-PESA GlobalPay Virtual VISA Card was launched in Kenya following a partnership between M-PESA and VISA.
The virtual card is linked to your M-PESA wallet and enables you to make payments to international online sites for goods and services.
The virtual card is akin to the bank cards that we’re used to; it has a 16-digit card number, the expiry date, and the security code, commonly known as the CVV.
Now, while paying for Twitter Blue, follow the steps highlighted above, and once you reach the checkout page, simply enter the 16-digit number, the expiry date and the CVV number displayed on your M-PESA GlobalPay Virtual VISA Card.
How to Register for M-PESA GlobalPay
- Dial *334#.
- You will get a prompt requiring you to select the desired option among eight choices. Enter option 6; Lipa na M-PESA.
- Enter option 6; GlobalPay and press send on the next screen. You will then get a prompt asking you to accept the terms and conditions for M-Pesa GlobalPay.
- Since you want to register, enter 1 and press enter to opt-in.
- Once done, follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the process and access your M-Pesa GlobalPay card
Via M-PESA app
- Launch the M-PESA app.
- Head to the bottom-right section of your screen and hit the Grow tab.
- Pick the first option; Global Pay next to the M-Shwari option.
- You will get a new page with a button asking you to opt in. The page also has more information on what GlobalPay is all about.
- Once you click the opt-in option, you will get an SMS notifying you that you have successfully been subscribed to the service.
- You will then have to customize your card’s colour and image. Once you are done customizing, you can create the card.
- You will get an SMS with information about your card, including the card number and expiry date.
You can always return to the app to see your virtual card’s details, including the dynamic CVV.
How to use M-PESA GlobalPay
Via M-PESA App
- Log in to your M-PESA app.
- Tap the Grow button.
- Choose GolbalPay.
- Then click on ‘Show Card Details’ to display the 16-digit number for the transaction and the CVV.
- Enter your info as it appears on your GlobalPay virtual visa (this includes the credit card number, expiration date, and security code (CVV).
- Dial *334# on the number linked to your M-PESA GlobalPay.
- Choose Lipa Na M-PESA.
- Select GlobalPay.
- Click on Option 1 for View Card Details.
- Enter Your M-PESA Pin – you will receive a flash SMS with your card number.
- To enter the security code for the checkout, repeat the steps from 1 to 3
- After choosing GlobalPay, choose Generate CVV.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN, confirm your PIN, and you will receive a message with a CVV that expires after 30 minutes.
Twitter Blue FAQ
1. What is Twitter Blue?
Twitter Blue is an opt-in, paid monthly subscription that adds a blue checkmark to your account and offers early access to select new features, like Edit Tweet.
If I subscribe to Twitter Blue now, what is different for me?
For now, you will have all the same features as new Twitter Blue verified accounts, except that you will not get a blue checkmark nor will your Tweets be prioritized in the verified section of the Notifications timeline.
2. How much does the new Twitter Blue cost?
Twitter Blue subscriptions are paid on a monthly or annual basis on web, iOS, or Android with localized pricing starting at $8/month or $84/year in available countries.
If Twitter Blue is available for purchase for you, you’ll find the regional currency price information on web and in-app on iOS and Android.
3. Are refunds available on Twitter Blue subscriptions?
All Twitter Blue subscriptions are non-refundable, unless required by law.
That includes subscriptions linked to Twitter accounts that have been suspended, or that you have lost access to for any other reason.
This also includes situations where certain subscription features are temporarily or permanently unavailable.
4. Does this mean the free version of Twitter is going away?
Free Twitter isn’t going away. Twitter Blue simply offers an opt-in layer of customization for your Twitter experience.
5. Why isn’t Twitter Blue ad-free?
Twitter Blue is a completely opt-in experience, and these initial features were designed for a specific segment of engaged users.
The goal is to provide enough value through premium features that people feel that it is worth paying for.
6. How do I pause or cancel my Twitter Blue subscription?
If you ever need to cancel Twitter Blue, you can manage your subscription from your Twitter Blue settings on the platform where you subscribed. Your Twitter Blue features will expire at the end of your billing cycle.
To avoid further charges, cancel your Twitter Blue subscription at least 24 hours before the auto-renewal period. Canceling won’t give you a refund for amounts already paid.
If you subscribe to the new Twitter Blue and cancel your subscription, your blue checkmark will remain until the end of the subscription term you paid for, unless your account is suspended or the blue checkmark is otherwise removed by Twitter for any reason.