Safaricom is the largest telecommunications company in Kenya, serving millions of customers across the country.
One of the most important pieces of information you need as a Safaricom customer is your mobile phone number.
Whether you’ve just purchased a new SIM card or you simply can’t remember your number, it’s essential to know how to check your Safaricom number quickly and easily.
In this article, we’ll explore the various methods available for checking your Safaricom number, from using USSD codes to using the Safaricom app.
With these tips, you’ll never have to worry about forgetting your Safaricom number again!
How to Check Your Safaricom Number
1. Via USSD
To check your Safaricom number, you can simply;
- Dial *100# with your Safaricom line.
- Choose My Account from the menu options.
- Select My Number, and your Safaricom phone number will be displayed.
2. Via MySafaricom App
- Launch MySafaricom App.
- Select Account on the bottom of your screen.
- You will be able to see your names, phone number, SIM card status and tariff.
How to check Safaricom numbers registered with your ID
1. Via USSD
- Dial *106# on your Safaricom mobile phone.
- From the list, select “Check registered numbers”
- Safaricom will display and send you an SMS with phone numbers registered using your identification.
2. Via MySafaricom App
- Launch the Mysafaricom app on your phone.
- Click on Check Your Sim Card Registration Details.
- Enter your phone number
- You will receive a prompt of the numbers registered with your ID and are compliant.
How to report unknown number linked to your ID
- Dial *106#
- Select 2(this reports unknown numbers).
- Select the number you’re not conversant with registered with your ID.
How to check Safaricom SIM card registration details
If you want to know the status of your sim card registration, all you need to do is;
- Dial *106# on your mobile phone.
- Choose option 1; Check Registration Status.
- You will receive a prompt message asking you to wait as your request is being processed.
If the registration process is successful, you will receive a text message from Safaricom informing you that your mobile number is registered.
How to block Safaricom SIM Swap
You can prevent the SIM swap by dialling *100*100# from your Safaricom number.
You will receive the following message; Your number can only be replaced by visiting the nearest Safaricom Shop/Care Desk with your ID.
It is important to note that the process cannot be done on one’s behalf using someone else’s line.
How to prevent Safaricom SIM swap
- Beware that Safaricom only calls from 0722000000.
- Do not share your PINs with anyone.
- Do not follow or key in instructions from unknown callers.
- Note that M-PESA messages are sent from M-PESA and not a customer’s line.
- When you receive the fake messages forward them to 333.
Prepay: Call 100 or 0722 002 100.
Postpay: Call 200 or 0722 002 200.
Twitter: @Safaricom_Care/ @SafaricomPLC.
Why would someone need to check their Safaricom number?
There are a number of reasons why someone might need to check their Safaricom number.
For example, they may have forgotten their number, or they may have just purchased a new SIM card and need to confirm the number associated with it.
How can I check my Safaricom number?
There are several ways to check your Safaricom number. One way is to dial *100# from your Safaricom line and select the option for My Number.
Is there a charge for checking my Safaricom number?
No, there is no charge for checking your Safaricom number using any of the methods listed above.
What if I have multiple Safaricom numbers associated with my name?
If you have multiple Safaricom numbers associated with your name, you will need to use one of the methods listed above to check each number individually.
What if I am unable to check my Safaricom number using any of these methods?
If you are unable to check your Safaricom number using any of these methods, you can contact Safaricom customer care for assistance. They will be able to help you retrieve your number.