Equity Wings to Fly scholarship is a program that supports bright and needy students in Kenya to pursue their secondary school education.
The program was established in 2010 and has since supported over 20,000 students to access quality education.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and other essential school requirements, allowing students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds to excel in their studies.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to apply for Equity Wings to Fly scholarship and highlight some important tips to increase your chances of getting selected.
Equity Wings to Fly
The Equity Wings to Fly Scholarship is a program established by the Equity Group Foundation in partnership with Mastercard Foundation and other stakeholders.
The scholarship aims to provide financial support to academically talented but economically disadvantaged students in Kenya who have completed their primary school education and have demonstrated potential to excel in their secondary education.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, boarding and other related expenses for the beneficiaries for the entire duration of their secondary education, which is four years.
In addition, the scholarship also provides mentorship, leadership and life skills training, career guidance and internship opportunities to the beneficiaries to help them develop into well-rounded individuals who can contribute positively to their communities.
The selection process for the Equity Wings to Fly Scholarship is highly competitive, and it involves a rigorous screening process that includes academic performance, financial need, and leadership potential.
Successful candidates are awarded the scholarship based on merit, and they are expected to maintain a high level of academic performance and good conduct throughout their secondary education.
The Equity Wings to Fly Scholarship program has been in existence since 2010 and has provided support to over 20,000 students, with over 4,000 beneficiaries having already completed their secondary education.
The program has a proven track record of empowering young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to access quality education and achieve their full potential.
Equity Wings to Fly scholarship requirements
A successful applicant for the Wings to Fly Scholarship should be;
1. Academically promising
The applicant should be at least top 5th percentile performing student in their sub-county in the 2022 KCPE results.
2. Orphaned or from a vulnerable background
The definition of this category is;
- Children who have lost one or both parents and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education. Applicants must produce evidence in form of Death Certificates/Burial Permits/letter from your Chief should be attached.
- Children whose parents are physically or mentally challenged and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
- Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating illnesses and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education medical records should be sought.
- Children from families affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, famine or civil conflict are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
- Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
- Children with parents living in extreme poverty and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
How to Apply for Equity Wings to Fly scholarship
- Create a new account through the Equity Wings To Fly portal; https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will register for the Foundation. Fill in all the fields provided.
- Once you fill out the registration form and submit it, an Activation Code will be sent to your phone via SMS and email.
- Enter the code and click the ‘Activate Account’ button to activate your account.
- Once you log in successfully, you will be redirected to a new page where you will see open scholarship for application.
- Read the scholarship description and click Apply.
- Fill in all the fields provided in every step, then click on the Save Changes button to submit your details in every step.
- Click on the ‘Submit Application’ (button) to review or edit any part of the form.
- Once you review and submit your application, you will be directed back to the application dashboard which displays the Application Status. The beneficiary can view more details of their application by clicking on the ‘View Application’ button.
Equity Group Foundation Contacts
Phone: +254 763 000 000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Location: Equity Center, 8th Floor, Hospital Road, Upper Hill.