Safaricom is a leading telecommunications company in Kenya, providing a wide range of mobile and fixed-line services to millions of customers across the country.
The company was founded in 1997 and has since grown to become the largest mobile network operator in Kenya, with over 35 million subscribers.
Safaricom offers a range of mobile services, including voice and data services, mobile money transfers, and other value-added services.
The company’s flagship product is M-PESA, a mobile money transfer service that allows users to send and receive money, pay bills, and buy goods and services using their mobile phones.
In addition to mobile services, Safaricom also provides fixed-line broadband and enterprise solutions, including cloud services, managed IT services, and IoT solutions.
Now, if you’re looking to remove your Safaricom SIM card PIN, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to remove your Safaricom SIM card PIN
How to remove Safaricom SIM card PIN
Here is how you can remove your Safaricom SIM card PIN on your Android phone.
Step 1: Open settings.
Step 2: Tap on Security. You might need to scroll down to find this menu.
Step 3: Click on SIM card lock.
Step 4: Make sure that the PIN code is disabled by setting the controller next to Lock SIM card into off-position. You might get asked to enter the PIN to confirm.
The steps might differ depending on the Android version of your smartphone. On some devices, you might find the option to remove the PIN code under
Huawei: Security & Privacy > More Settings > Encryption and credentials > SIM card.
Samsung: Settings > Biometrics and security > Other security settings > Set up SIM card lock.
Below is how you can remove your Safaricom SIM card PIN on your iPhone.
Step 1: Go to settings.
Step 2: Select mobile data.
Step 3: Select SIM PIN.
Step 4: Toggle the option to off; you will be required to enter your PIN in order to unlock the SIM. Once you’ve entered your current SIM PIN, everything is set.
How to contact Safaricom customer care from abroad
You will simply dial the PrePay Customer Care number via +254 722 002 100. You will be charged the applicable rate indicated in the tariff schedule; the rate applicable to calls made back home.
How to activate roaming on Safaricom while abroad
- Dial *200# and select “Products and Services”.
- Select “Safaricom Roaming”.
- Select “Activate roaming service” and either:
- Data, Voice and SMS.
- Voice and SMS Only.
- Accept the terms and conditions, “Ts&Cs” as published on www.safaricom.co.ke.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN for authentication.
How to buy Safaricom roaming data
- Dial *100*50# (Prepay) or *200*50# (Postpay) when roaming in any of the countries in zone 1 and select “Data roaming bundles”. ii. Your country will be automatically picked by the network. Alternatively, you can enter the name of your country name in full.
- The following bundle options will be displayed: Daily, Weekly and Monthly bundles. iv. You will be required to select your preferred bundle and confirm purchase of the bundle.
- Upon successful purchase, you will receive a notification message confirming purchase of the bundle as well as the validity period.
Leave a Reply